Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds – Candy roasted pumpkin seeds tossed with a scrumptious cinnamon sugar topping. It’s the proper snack to make with the leftover seeds out of your vacation pumpkins.
What I’m mainly making an attempt to say is, DO NOT throw away these pumpkin seeds! As an alternative, you may make this wholesome and superior snack with simply 5 substances.
HOW DO YOU EAT PUMPKIN SEEDS?
I didn’t actually take care of pumpkin seeds till I met my husband, the man that eats handfuls of pumpkin seeds each time he’s within the automobile, irrespective of the space, irrespective of the time, irrespective of the season.
Right here’s what although; he spits out the shells. 😐Uhmmm, that’s an excessive amount of work for one tiny chew, in the event you ask me.
For that cause, I taught him how NOT TO DO THAT: Roast your pumpkin seeds with all of the flavors that you really want and eat them entire. Like these Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds. Mmm’kay?! GREAT!
WHAT ARE SOME FLAVORS YOU CAN USE WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS?
I wish to get pleasure from pumpkin seeds with some added sweetness, like cinnamon and sugar, however you can even drizzle olive oil over the seeds and season with salt and pepper. Or, you may kick it up a notch and add some curry powder, or garlic powder plus dried herbs.
Mess around along with your favourite flavors and I assure you’ll love ’em!
HOW DO YOU CLEAN PUMPKIN SEEDS?
- Take away pumpkin seeds from pumpkin and place them in a colander.
- Run lukewarm water over the pumpkin seeds till clear.
This half is completely non-obligatory, however you probably have digestive points, I like to recommend it: Dissolve a tablespoon of salt in Four cups water. Soak pumpkin seeds in salted water in a single day, OR for Eight hours.
HOW DO YOU ROAST PUMPKIN SEEDS?
- Completely dry the pumpkin seeds and unfold seeds on an ungreased baking pan. I line mine with parchment paper to attenuate the mess. Much less mess, much less stress, hunny. 🙌
- Soften butter and toss pumpkin seeds with melted butter.
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice; sprinkle over pumpkin seeds to coat.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 350˚F, or till evenly browned and crisp.
- Take away from oven and let stand 10 minutes; then, serve.
ARE PUMPKIN SEEDS HEALTHY?
Pumpkin seeds are a wholesome and scrumptious snack wealthy in antioxidants, iron, zinc, magnesium, and extra. They will hold your coronary heart wholesome by decreasing blood strain and growing good ldl cholesterol.
HOW TO STORE ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- Retailer utterly cooled pumpkin seeds in an hermetic container and hold at room temperature for Eight to 10 days.
- They will also be refrigerated for as much as a month.
MORE HOLIDAY SNACKS RECIPES
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds
Candy roasted pumpkin seeds tossed with a scrumptious cinnamon sugar topping.
Course: Aspect Dish, Snacks
Servings: 8 servings
Energy: 132.84 kcal
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds with shells (you can even purchase RAW pumpkin seeds at your native grocer)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons gentle brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- half of teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, or to style
- 1/8 teaspoon floor nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350˚F
Unfold pumpkin seeds on an ungreased 15×10 baking sheet.
Pour melted butter over pumpkin seeds and toss to mix.
In a small mixing bowl mix brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg; sprinkle over seeds and stir till mixed.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or till evenly browned and crispy, stirring as soon as midway by way of roasting.
Take away from oven and let cool about 10 minutes.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 8
NET CARBS: 5
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds
Quantity Per Serving (0.25 cup)
Energy 132.84 Energy from Fats 96
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 3.2g16%
Ldl cholesterol 7.53mg3%
Vitamin A 87.47IU2%
Vitamin C 0.3mg0%
* % Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.