Crock Pot Creamy Banana French Toast – Full of wonderful flavors, this French Toast is loaded with bananas and it’s baked within the Crock Pot. A lot simpler than slaving over the range!
Hello, guys! Um. Is it Friday, but?!
Oh my, sure it’s! The week is wrapping up and we will lastly begin Fridaying! Though, I’ve been Fridaying since Wednesday as a result of Indiana is out of fee. We’re freezing, faculties are closed, snow is coming down onerous and I thank GOD for Netflix, the web, additional pc(s), and Facebook. And Pinterest.
I don’t know what’s extra thrilling – the truth that it’s Friday or the truth that you could possibly have this wonderful banana-loaded french toast for breakfast tomorrow morning!
Or or or! Let’s do French Toast for din din! Err. For brinner! It’s my favourite meal of the day. Nonetheless can’t recover from this Crockpot Eggnog French Toast we had New 12 months’s day. ?
Severely, although… THIS ought to completely be your dinner.
CROCK POT FRENCH TOAST
I threw this within the crockpot at almost midnight one night time final week as a result of I used to be feeling unprepared. With Christmas quick approaching (enable me to remind you for the umpteenth time, I rejoice on the seventh of January), I felt as if I wasn’t prepared for the day OF or for the day earlier than AND for the day after. I used to be all types of loopy. You know the way it’s…
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH TOAST IN THE CROCK POT
What I’m sharing with you right this moment is simply the breakfast that I served on Christmas morning and the breakfast that I’m head over heels in love with. No joke, I feel I’ve made this forty-plus occasions within the final 12 months… I principally inhale my portion the second I take away that lid from the crock pot, singed style buds and all.
- First necessary step is to have STALE BREAD. For this recipe, I like to make use of a 10-inch French baguette. I simply slice it up and let sit in a single day on the kitchen counter so they’re good and off, and able to go within the morning.
- Earlier than you’re able to prepare dinner, butter your crock pot insert or grease it with cooking spray.
- Then, take every slice of bread and unfold cream cheese on either side of every slice. Organize the bread slices contained in the insert of the gradual cooker.
- Make a milk combination with eggs, brown sugar, and mashed bananas; pour it over the bread slices. Press the bread slices down into the liquid and let stand for no less than 30 minutes, and as much as 5 hours.
- Organize pats of butter over the bread slices; cowl with the lid and prepare dinner for two hours on HIGH, or Four hours on LOW.
- Garnish with banana slices, chopped pecans, and maple syrup; serve.
That is good things. Actually good. It’s creamy and candy and throughout scrumptious. You can also make it with different issues too, like um… blueberries? Or peaches!? No matter you need. No huge deal.
Should I actually let you know extra to persuade you? ?
HOW TO STORE CROCKPOT FRENCH TOAST LEFTOVERS
- Cowl leftovers with foil or plastic wrap and preserve within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
If you’re searching for a fast, no-fuss, dang scrumptious breakfast (who ISN’T searching for fast and scrumptious? duh.), think about giving THIS a strive! Hit that print button and name me within the morning.
MORE FRENCH TOAST RECIPES
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Crock Pot Creamy Banana French Toast
Full of wonderful flavors, this French Toast is loaded with bananas and it is baked within the Crock Pot.
Servings: 6 servings
Energy: 313 kcal
- 1 (10-inch) stale (a day or two outdated bread) French baguette, reduce into 1-inch slices
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 bananas, plus extra for serving
- 3 giant eggs, evenly overwhelmed
- 1 to 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup mild brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter reduce into skinny slices
- ½ cup pecans, elective, for serving
- maple syrup, elective, for serving
Grease a 6.5-quart (or bigger) crock pot with cooking spray or butter.
Unfold cream cheese on either side of all bread slices and organize slices in a single layer on the underside of the crock pot.
In a big mixing bowl, mash two bananas; add overwhelmed eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg; whisk till every thing is properly mixed.
Pour milk combination over bread slices and press the bread down into the liquid; let stand 30 minutes, or as much as 5 hours.
The liquid shouldn’t cowl the bread slices, nevertheless it ought to come up about three-quarters of the way in which up. If it is lower than that, add extra liquid.
Organize butter slices over bread slices.
Cowl and prepare dinner on LOW for Three to three.5 hours or on HIGH for two to 2.5 hours.
Take away lid; garnish with contemporary banana slices, chopped pecans, and maple syrup.
Set the dial to “WARM” so it stays heat, or serve instantly.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 10
Crock Pot Creamy Banana French Toast
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 313 Energy from Fats 198
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 9g45%
Ldl cholesterol 142mg47%
Vitamin A 648IU13%
Vitamin C 3mg4%
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food plan.
Need To Save This Recipe?
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON JANUARY ninth, 2015. UPDATED WITH NEW PHOTOS ON JANUARY 25th, 2020.