Hen Enchiladas are wealthy, filling, scrumptious, and SO simple to make! Shredded hen smothered with Enchilada sauce is wrapped in flour tortillas, then topped with a layer of extra Enchilada sauce, plus an added layer of cheese, and at last baked to a golden perfection!
EASY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
These scrumptious Straightforward Hen Enchiladas are made rapidly and effortlessly with leftover hen. My easy Air Fryer Hen Breast recipe paired with my Home made Enchilada Sauce provides abnormal enchiladas an incredible shot of taste. These are the best and CHEESIEST enchiladas you’ll ever eat!
Making Enchiladas is my favourite approach to remodel leftovers into a simple, flavorful dinner as a result of I LOVE a superb enchilada. Whether or not it’s Breakfast Enchiladas or Beef Enchiladas, I’m at all times within the temper for a fast and scrumptious Mexican-inspired meal.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
I make these enchiladas with leftover hen or a rotisserie hen bought on the retailer to chop the cooking time in half. Additionally, I like my enchiladas made with Low Carb Flour Tortillas, however if you happen to favor genuine corn tortilla, be happy to modify them out.
- If making the Enchilada Sauce from scratch, begin with that, first. It’s also possible to use store-bought sauce.
- Then, you’ll wish to shred cooked hen breasts – we’ll want Three cups.
- Subsequent, heat up oil in a big skillet and sauté onions with garlic.
- Stir within the shredded hen and season with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and oregano.
- Combine within the Enchilada Sauce and prepare dinner for Four minutes.
- Seize Eight flour tortillas and fill them up with the shredded hen combination.
- Roll them up and switch to a 9 x 13 baking dish, seam-side down.
- Pour Enchilada Sauce over the rolled up tortillas and sprinkle with shredded Mexican mix cheese.
- Cowl and bake in a 400˚F oven for 20 minutes.
- Take away foil and proceed to bake for Three to Four minutes, or till cheese is totally melted and high is golden brown.
- Garnish with bitter cream, avocado slices, halved cherry tomatoes, jalapeno slices, and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Straightforward to make, completely customizable along with your favourite fillings, and full of scrumptious Mexican taste!
CAN YOU MAKE ENCHILADAS WITH FLOUR TORTILLAS?
I ALWAYS DO! I take advantage of “Mission” low-carb complete wheat flour tortillas, nevertheless CORN TORTILLAS are historically used for Enchiladas. It’s as much as you about which of them you wish to use; if utilizing corn tortillas, select the 6-inch ones. If utilizing flour tortillas, select 7 or 8-inch.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH ENCHILADAS
CAN YOU FREEZE COOKED ENCHILADAS?
- Cowl COMPLETELY COOLED Enchiladas with plastic wrap, then cowl with aluminum foil. OR, you may as well retailer them in an airtight container.
- Freeze for as much as Three months.
- TO reheat frozen enchiladas, take them out of the freezer the evening earlier than and set within the fridge in a single day to thaw.
- Take away plastic wrap; cowl with aluminum foil and bake at 400˚F for 15 to 20 minutes, or till sizzling.
Dig in, buddies!
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Straightforward Hen Enchiladas
Shredded hen smothered with Enchilada sauce is wrapped in flour tortillas, then topped with a layer of extra Enchilada sauce, plus an added layer of cheese, and at last baked to a golden perfection!
American/Southwest, Mexican, Mexican/Southwest
hen casserole, hen dinner concepts, hen enchiladas, enchilada sauce, enchiladas recipe, leftover hen recipes, taco recipes, tortilla wraps
Servings: 8 servings
Energy: 170 kcal
FOR THE CHICKEN FILLING
small yellow onion,
shredded hen breasts
salt and recent floor pepper,
cup (or, to style)
Purple Enchilada Sauce,
(I take advantage of a MILD Home made Enchilada Sauce, however be happy to make use of your favourite store-bought sauce)
FOR THE ENCHILADAS
(7-inch) low-carb complete wheat flour tortillas,
(I take advantage of “Mission” Low Carb Gentle Taco Tortillas)
Purple Enchilada Sauce,
shredded low fats Mexican Mix Cheese
bitter cream, avocado slices, halved cherry tomatoes, jalapeno slices, chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Warmth oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth.
Add onions and prepare dinner for two minutes, stirring steadily.
Stir in garlic and prepare dinner for 30 seconds, or till aromatic.
Add hen and season with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, and oregano; combine round till nicely mixed.
Stir in Enchilada sauce – you should utilize extra sauce if you happen to like, or if it appears too dry – and proceed to prepare dinner for Three minutes.
Take away from warmth.
Add about 1/Four cup Enchilada sauce to the underside of a 9×13 baking dish.
Fill Eight flour tortillas with the hen combination; roll them up and switch to the baking dish, seam-side down.
Flippantly spray Enchiladas with Cooking Spray.
Prime Enchiladas with remaining Enchilada Sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
Cowl with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Take away foil and proceed to bake for Three to Four extra minutes, or till cheese is totally melted and high is a lightweight golden brown.
Take away from oven.
Prime with bitter cream, avocado slices, halved cherry tomatoes, jalapeno slices, and chopped cilantro.
Serve with lime wedges.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: Three factors per Enchilada
- When you like MORE Enchilada Sauce, please be happy to make use of extra.
Straightforward Hen Enchiladas
Quantity Per Serving (1 Enchilada)
Energy from Fats 72
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 3g15%
Ldl cholesterol 48mg16%
Vitamin A 428IU9%
Vitamin C 2mg2%
* % Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food plan.