Hollandaise Sauce is the right accompaniment to asparagus or Eggs Benedict is straightforward and fast to make with an immersion blender!
Love brunch/breakfast recipes? Strive The Finest Breakfast Casserole, Unbelievable Blueberry Buttermilk Breakfast Cake, Breakfast Tacos, or Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake.
Hello! Natasha right here from Salt & Lavender. Everybody is aware of of hollandaise sauce, however have you ever ever tried making it at house? I admit it may be kinda difficult to do it the standard means (utilizing a double boiler and a variety of elbow grease), so I needed that will help you excellent a extra easy technique utilizing a stick/immersion blender. Principally, you slowly pour the butter in because the blender’s motor is working, and that plus the egg yolk creates an emulsion. It’s similar to making ready home made mayo! Fairly magical, actually. And pretty foolproof.
The concept to make use of my immersion blender got here to me once I had too small of a amount to make this recipe in my Vitamix. With a bit little bit of experimenting, I used to be capable of get the sauce a pleasant, thick consistency. Be happy to regulate the lemon juice, salt, and pepper portions on the finish to realize the right taste on your style buds!
Oh, when you’re questioning what the distinction between hollandaise sauce and béarnaise sauce is, béarnaise sauce is sort of equivalent, but it surely’s usually dressed up with some shallots and tarragon to offer it a unique taste.
make Hollandaise sauce
- Soften the butter;
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites;
- Add yolks, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and salt & pepper to a mixing cup/container;
- Slowly stream within the melted butter whereas mixing with the immersion blender.
Can I make hollandaise with a daily blender?
I first tried making this recipe in my Vitamix blender, and it may be achieved however wants some tweaks. Should you do have a big blender like a Vitamix, I like to recommend doubling the recipe. There merely wasn’t sufficient within the blender for it to achieve the blades the primary time I tried this. It might work in a smaller blender. Simply drizzle the butter in the identical means with the motor working.
separate eggs simply
Place two small bowls in entrance of you – one for the yolks and one for the whites. Crack the egg rigorously and switch the yolk between the 2 sides of the eggshell till the whites are separated out. If the yolk falls into the bowl with the whites, merely use the half shell to choose it up and put it within the right bowl.
You’ll be able to reserve the egg whites for different functions (like an omelette!).
reheat hollandaise sauce
Gently reheat it within the microwave in brief intervals (like 10-15 seconds) and stir in between.
Hollandaise sauce recipe notes & suggestions:
- All hollandaise sauce recipes comprise an analogous ratio of substances, however I discovered that utilizing giant eggs which might be room temperature makes for a greater outcome.
- Watch out that the butter isn’t boiling – that may scramble the eggs. I prefer to soften the butter first and let it sit a bit whereas I do the opposite prep. You need it to be scorching however not scalding.
- Sauce too thick? Add extra lemon juice or a bit water.
- Should you’re frightened about consuming uncooked egg yolks, purchase pasteurized eggs.
Different home made sauces/dressings you’ll love:
Straightforward Hollandaise Sauce
Prep Time 4 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 1 minute
Complete Time 5 minutes
Hollandaise Sauce – the right accompaniment to asparagus or Eggs Benedict is straightforward and fast to make with an immersion blender!
- 3 giant egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- half cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
Soften the butter. I do that in a measuring cup within the microwave. It’s also possible to do it in a small saucepan.
Separate the egg yolks and add them to a container that simply suits the top of the immersion blender (use the mixing cup your immersion blender might have include or a mason jar).
Add the lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper to the container. Place the immersion blender within the container.
Slowly stream within the butter whereas consistently mixing. Ensure that to softly transfer the blender up/down/round to make sure even mixing. This could take round 30 seconds – 1 minute.
Give it a fast style and add extra salt/pepper/lemon if needed. Serve the sauce heat.
- Makes about 1 cup (feeds roughly 6 folks however will depend upon how a lot folks eat).
- Should you’re frightened about consuming uncooked egg yolks, purchase pasteurized eggs. The recent butter will cook dinner the eggs a bit (however we do not need it too scorching or they may scramble).
- Please see weblog put up for extra suggestions/tips on the right way to efficiently make this sauce!
Straightforward Hollandaise Sauce
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 163 Energy from Fats 162
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 11g55%
Ldl cholesterol 133mg44%
Vitamin A 595IU12%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* P.c Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.