Leftover-Turkey Casserole ready with a wild rice mix, mushrooms, cream, and melty cheese. It’s straightforward, it’s scrumptious, and it’s among the finest meals to create with these Thanksgiving leftovers.
Make this casserole with the leftovers from our Prompt Pot Turkey Breast and serve it with our Turkey Gravy.
I’m gonna be straight up with you, my expensive mates. We actually can’t await Thanksgiving to lastly arrive, BUT we’re extra excited for the leftovers than we’re for the precise Thanksgiving meal. 🙈
Hear me out. Leftovers means Turkey Corn Chowder; Cranberry Turkey Quesadillas; Tacky Potato Waffles; and this Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole. Now, I believe, you’ll be able to really feel our pleasure…?
We all the time have a ton of leftovers after Thanksgiving, and this Leftover Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole is precisely how I’m going to make use of them up. It’s completely filling, creamy, indulgent, and hearty. And, you probably have home company for the weekend, this straightforward casserole will make dinner a breeze.
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY WILD RICE CASSEROLE
- First, you will have to seize both this brown rice with wild rice blend OR this long grain rice with wild rice.
- Put together rice in line with directions; you will have to prepare dinner 3/4-cup of uncooked rice for the casserole.
- Within the meantime, take that leftover turkey and minimize it into cubes. We’ll want 2 to three cups of it.
- Then, warmth up a skillet and prepare dinner down some onions and celery. Stir in mushrooms and garlic and prepare dinner for few extra minutes; take away from warmth.
- Add ready rice to a casserole dish and stir within the mushrooms combination, cubed turkey, and a few shredded mozzarella or Swiss cheese.
- Mix milk and cream in a mixing bowl and season with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and nutmeg.
- Stir cream combination into the turkey rice combination.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or till scorching and bubbly. I stirred all of the cheese within the casserole and didn’t put any on prime, however I’ve executed it each methods and it’s incredible it doesn’t matter what. I imply, it’s cheese. 🧀
- Take away from oven and let stand 5 minutes earlier than serving.
Imagine me after I say that NO ONE will complain about too many turkey leftovers as soon as they get a style of this casserole.
In addition to the turkey and rice, gravy can also be the star of this present. We add a pleasant dose of it over the dish and it provides nice taste and creamier texture. It’s elective, however I like to recommend it 1000%. 😊
HOW TO MAKE AHEAD
Assemble all substances up till the baking half; cowl and refrigerate for as much as 24 hours. Bake as directed.
HOW TO FREEZE CASSEROLES
- Await the casserole to fully cool; cowl with plastic wrap and a layer of aluminum foil on prime. Freeze for as much as 2 months.
- To reheat, thaw in a single day within the fridge. Earlier than reheating, take away plastic wrap and canopy with solely foil.
- Bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes; take away cowl, stir, and bake for an extra 10 minutes, uncovered.
MORE RICE CASSEROLE RECIPES
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole
Leftover-Turkey Casserole ready with a wild rice mix, mushrooms, cream, and melty cheese.
Servings: 6 serves
Energy: 339 kcal
- 6 ounces ( or 3/4-cup) lengthy grain and wild rice mix, cooked in line with package deal instructions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces canned mushroom slices, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to three cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided (you too can use mozzarella or no matter shredded cheese you will have readily available)
- half cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup low sodium hen broth
- half teaspoon garlic powder
- half teaspoon onion powder
- half teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon contemporary floor pepper
- candy or smoked paprika, to style
- 1/8 teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese for topping, elective
Preheat oven to 350˚F levels.
Put together rice in line with package deal instructions.
Within the meantime, soften butter in a big skillet over medium-high warmth.
Add diced onions and celery to the skillet and prepare dinner for Three minutes, or till softened, stirring regularly.
Stir in mushroom slices and garlic; prepare dinner for two minutes.
Add cubed turkey and blend; take away from warmth.
Switch mushroom combination, ready rice, and half cup shredded cheese to a 2-quart baking dish; stir and put aside.
In a mixing bowl whisk collectively milk, heavy cream, hen broth, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and nutmeg; whisk till completely included.
Add milk combination to the baking dish and blend till every thing is totally mixed.
Add remaining cheese on prime.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or till scorching and bubbly.
Take away from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 6
Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 339 Energy from Fats 144
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 9g45%
Ldl cholesterol 74mg25%
Vitamin A 539IU11%
Vitamin C 2mg2%
* P.c Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
Need To Save This Recipe?
Signal as much as get new recipes through e mail & get an e-book with 9 favourite Thanksgiving Facet Dishes!