This Oven Baked Macaroni and Feta Cheese recipe is everybody’s favourite mac ‘n cheese made BETTER! Every little thing is betta with Feta!
HOMEMADE MAC N CHEESE WITH FETA
Oven baked macaroni made with a mix of eggs, milk, spices and seasonings, plus feta cheese, and garnished with a crispy bread-crumb topping. SO GOOD! ?
Have you ever been dreaming about baked macaroni with, ummm, a unique form of cheese? ?
Do you typically take into consideration including a crunchy topping to THAT mac ‘n cheese? Yeah… nothing like an excellent dose of fried bread crumbs on high of macaroni and cheese – that’s some goooood stuff! ?
OVEN BAKED MACARONI AND FETA CHEESE
Everyone knows what a wrestle it may be to prepare dinner scrumptious, recent home made meals on busy weeknights.
Rising up, this was certainly one of our household’s favourite meal. We used to eat these things all.the.time. Macaroni and Feta Cheese was on mother’s menu about each different week; one pot + four forks = 1 blissful household.
Now that I’m all grown up and have a household of my very own, I additionally make this about a few times a month. Some nights once we crave pasta and we need to fulfill that craving, Macaroni and Feta is near the highest of our to-do checklist.
Elements for Macaroni and Cheese
Every time I make this, I’m at all times stunned by how easy the ingredient checklist is.
- Elbow Macaroni
- Feta Cheese
- breadcrumbs/panko crumbs (non-obligatory, but it surely provides a very nice crunch and texture to the general dish)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for topping (non-obligatory)
Tips on how to make Baked Macaroni and Feta Cheese
Are you able to make one of the best Oven Baked Macaroni and Feta Cheese? Let’s get to it:
- Cook dinner the macaroni based on instructions on the package deal.
- Drain macaroni and switch to a greased baking dish; combine in crumbled feta cheese and put aside. Fyi: I take advantage of the identical pot for boiling the macaroni and baking it – it’s this Three quart dutch oven. My new favourite cooking pot of the day. ❤️
- In a mixing bowl whisk collectively eggs and milk, plus seasonings.
- Pour egg combination over macaroni.
- Optionally, soften butter in a pan and stir in plain breadcrumbs or panko crumbs; fry to a light-weight golden brown.
- Sprinkle fried breadcrumbs over macaroni and bake in a 400˚F preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Let stand a number of minutes earlier than serving with a topping of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Tips on how to Retailer Oven Baked Macaroni with Feta Cheese
- Retailer Baked Macaroni in an hermetic container and hold within the fridge for two to three days.
Can I Freeze Baked Mac ‘n Cheese
- Sure. Retailer fully cooled mac and cheese in an hermetic container and hold within the freezer for as much as Three months.
What’s Feta Cheese
- Feta cheese is a brined white cheese predominant from sheep milk or from a mix of sheep and goat milk. It’s a crumbly aged cheese, generally produced in blocks, and has a slight grainy texture.
- Feta cheese is flexible and can be utilized in any recipe that requires a salty, softer cheese.
- In comparison with different cheeses, it’s low in energy and fats. It additionally incorporates a excessive quantity of B Nutritional vitamins, phosphorus and calcium, which might profit bone well being. Feta additionally incorporates helpful micro organism and fatty acids.
Now that you already know all you should learn about feta, let’s get on this meal! You already know there’s, like, nothing to it, proper? It’s just a few cooked macaroni swimming in custard with a sprinkle of feta. And a few crunchy breadcrumbs on high with recent shavings of parm cheese. Simple peasy.
Give it a attempt. You would possibly find it irresistible as a lot as we do.
Extra Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Instruments Used In This Recipe
Oven Baked Macaroni and Feta Cheese
Oven baked macaroni made with a mix of eggs, milk, and feta cheese, garnished with a crispy crumb topping.
Energy: 659 kcal
- 1 field (1-pound) Elbow Macaroni
- butter for greasing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 5 eggs
- 2 half cups milk
- salt and pepper , to style
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- half teaspoon garlic powder
- half teaspoon chili powder
- half teaspoon candy paprika
For the Topping (Elective)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups panko crumbs or plain breadcrumbs
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
Cook dinner macaroni in salted water based on package deal instructions. Drain.AdvertisementsAdvertisements
Within the meantime, generously butter a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
Pour cooked macaroni into baking dish and toss with 1 tablespoon butter.AdvertisementsAdvertisements
Combine in crumbled feta cheese.
In a mixing bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, chili powder, and paprika.AdvertisementsAdvertisements
Pour the egg combination over the macaroni; combination ought to come about 3/four of the way in which up – it should not cowl the macaroni.
Warmth remaining butter in a frying pan.AdvertisementsAdvertisements
Add the bread crumbs to the pan and prepare dinner over medium-high warmth, stirring often, till golden brown.
Take away from warmth and sprinkle the bread crumbs over the macaroni.
Bake for 35 minutes, or till the custard units and edges are browned.
Prime with freshly grated parmesan cheese and parsley; serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 16
Oven Baked Macaroni and Feta Cheese
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 659 Energy from Fats 225
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 15g75%
Ldl cholesterol 206mg69%
Vitamin A 880IU18%
* P.c Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss plan.
Need To Save This Recipe?
*This recipe was first revealed on April 5, 2013. Up to date on March 24, 2020.