Sausage Stuffed Eggplant – These sausage stuffed eggplant boats are as tasty as they’re enjoyable to eat. Full of spicy sausage and topped with cheese, this eggplant recipe is a satisfying, wholesome dinner you’ll return to repeatedly.
SAUSAGE STUFFED EGGPLANT
Italian sausage and roasted eggplant come collectively to yield a scrumptious, hearty, and filling meal, excellent for this time of yr. It’s full of scrumptious flavors stuffed into hollowed-out eggplant shells and topped with loads of cheese.
In addition to, with so many flavors and textures on this dish, you’ll by no means know that it’s really low-carb and Keto-friendly, too!
In actual fact, this meal satisfies my most intense yearning for cozy, comforting, wholesome home made meals.
HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE STUFFED EGGPLANTS
Sausage Stuffed Eggplant is a kind of specialties that we get pleasure from occasionally, and final night time was a kind of instances. Made with our very personal home made sausage, plenty of garlic, and a contact of thyme.
- We start with scooping out the flesh from the eggplant with a spoon or a melon baller, leaving a few 1/2-inch border on the edges of the eggplant. Chop up the flesh, or pulp, and put aside.
- Switch these empty eggplant shells to a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper and put aside, cut-side up.
- In a skillet, fry some onions and add in chopped up eggplant flesh; prepare dinner for two minutes.
- Take away casings from the sausage, break up the meat together with your fingers, and add to the skillet. You may break it up with a spoon whereas cooking, however I discover it simpler if I do it myself, beforehand.
- Season and prepare dinner for about 6 to 7 minutes, or till sausage is evenly browned and eggplant is tender.
- Wipe down the eggplant shells with paper towels, then, fill them up with the sausage combination.
- Pour HOT water into the rimmed baking sheet, across the eggplants.
- Bake for round 25 minutes; take away from oven and sprinkle with cheese, and proceed to bake for few extra minutes, or till cheese has melted.
- Take away from oven and serve. Don’t neglect the wine.
In case you don’t love eggplants, but, I believe you positively WILL after a chew of this recipe.
HOW TO STORE STUFFED EGGPLANTS
- Retailer cooled stuffed-eggplants in an hermetic container and maintain refrigerated for as much as three days.
- To freeze, retailer utterly cooled sausage stuffed eggplants in an hermetic container and maintain within the freezer for as much as 2 months
- Defrost in a single day within the fridge. Reheat in a 350˚F oven for about 20 minutes, or till heated by means of.
I’ve to offer you my little again story to this recipe. This must be one among my favourite meals that my Mother used to make after we have been little, utilizing home made sausages. And, this eggplant recipe was ALWAYS served on Valentine’s Day. Lemme let you know why.
You see, we Macedonians rejoice St. Trifun, the Guardian of wine and wine makers ❤️, on the identical day that the opposite a part of the world celebrates Valentine’s Day.
In honor of St. Trifun, on the 14th of February a celebration takes place in lots of metropolis squares in Macedonia with a program that features agricultural and cultural happenings, and the well-known Wine Honest. The clergymen say a prayer, and the pruning season is symbolically marked with the pruning of the three church wine grapes.
Then, all of us eat and drink till we are able to’t stroll. 🥴 🥂
To wrap it up, although; principally, she served Sausage Stuffed Eggplant on St. Trifun as a result of it goes SO rattling effectively with wine. TRY IT. 😍
ANYWHO! Sufficient about me and my lovely Macedonian roots. NOW, go make these scrumptious eggplants.
They’re EASY to make, they’re tremendous satisfying, loopy scrumptious, and freezer pleasant. 👊
MORE EGGPLANT RECIPES
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Sausage Stuffed Eggplant
Full of spicy sausage and topped with cheese, this eggplant recipe is a satisfying, wholesome dinner you’ll return to repeatedly.
Servings: 4 Servings
Energy: 603 kcal
- 2 massive eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound Italian sausage* casing eliminated, (use your selection of sausage; pork, turkey, beef, and so on… – however I like to recommend utilizing one with a bit of warmth)
- Four to five cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped contemporary parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to style
- 1 cup sizzling water
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
Minimize eggplants in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh/pulp, leaving a 1/2-inch border across the eggplant shell. Chop up the pulp and put aside.
Place empty eggplant shells on a rimmed baking sheet; season the empty shells with salt and pepper, and let stand cut-side up.
Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium excessive warmth.
Add diced onions and chopped eggplant-flesh to the skillet; prepare dinner for two minutes.
Break up the sausage together with your fingers and add it to the skillet; stir in garlic and season with parsley, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper, and prepare dinner till sausage is evenly browned. About 6 minutes.
It’s also possible to break up the sausage utilizing a picket spoon whereas cooking, however I discover it simpler to work with it after I break it up beforehand.
Take away skillet from warmth and style the combination for seasonings; regulate accordingly.
Utilizing paper towels, wipe down the eggplant shells/boats.
Stuff the sausage combination into the eggplant shells.
Pour sizzling water contained in the baking sheet, across the eggplants.
Bake within the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or till eggplant is tender.
Take away from oven and sprinkle cheese on high of every eggplant.
Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or till cheese has melted.
Take away from oven and serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 4
NET CARBS: 10
- For this recipe, I used Johnsonville’s HOT Italian Sausage, however I’ve additionally used Jennie-O’s Lean Italian Turkey Sausage, and it was scrumptious.
Sausage Stuffed Eggplant
Quantity Per Serving (1 stuffed eggplant)
Energy 603 Energy from Fats 441
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 17g85%
Ldl cholesterol 101mg34%
Vitamin A 539IU11%
Vitamin C 13mg16%
* % Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
Need To Save This Recipe?
*Recipe initially printed on February 15th, 2011. Submit was up to date on November 22nd, 2019.
Signal as much as get new recipes by way of e-mail & get an e book with 9 favourite Thanksgiving Facet Dishes!