Candy Potato and Cranberry Stuffing – Festive and scrumptious stuffing or dressing ready with candy potatoes, recent cranberries, and bread cubes.
Candy potatoes and cranberries add an unbelievable taste and exquisite festive colours to this delectable Thanksgiving stuffing. OR dressing!! Because it’s outdoors the hen, I suppose it’s thought-about a dressing, proper?
Nonetheless, earlier than we start to debate this stuffing and/or Turkey stuffing and dressing deliciousness, let me remind you to take that hen out of the freezer!
- Keep in mind this rule of thumb; enable 1 day of thawing for each Four kilos of turkey. Additionally, thaw the turkey breast facet up, unopened, on a tray and within the fridge.
Whereas we’re right here sharing all types of Thanksgiving suggestions and recipes, I ought to let you know that what I’m actually interested by is peppermint, chocolate, and a fats man in a go well with! EEEEK!
BUT, to be truthful to the Vacation at hand, my thoughts can be on Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls with a facet of Pumpkin Spice Latte. What a combo, eh? I really like my cravings!
Yesterday I shared my hen with you – a phenomenal Rosemary Lemon Roasted Turkey made with infused rosemary-lemon olive oil. Right now I’m going to share my favourite stuffing made with candy potatoes and recent cranberries, amongst different scrumptious issues.
Sure, I do know it’s technically a dressing because it’s not stuffed contained in the Turkey… however whatevs. ?
SWEET POTATO AND CRANBERRY STUFFING
This recipe is particular as a result of I make no excuses once I eat half of it. Critically. I can inhale the entire thing, however I suppose that’s thought-about uncouth, particularly on Thanksgiving…meh.
I simply love the tartness of the cranberries paired with the sweetness of the potatoes and the superbly flavored bread.
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO AND CRANBERRY STUFFING
- IF you’ve gotten an oven-proof 12-inch skillet, use it! If not, butter a 13×9 baking dish and put aside.
- Soften butter in a skillet and add onions, celery, and candy potatoes; prepare dinner for Four minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, sage, thyme, and rosemary.
- Stir in recent cranberries and 6 cups of actually dry bread cubes. I take advantage of a French baguette that sits out 2 days earlier than I take advantage of it for this stuffing.
- Pour vegetable broth or rooster broth and stir till every bit of meals is moist.
- Switch to baking dish and dot just a few pats of butter over the bread cubes.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFING AHEAD
- Wish to make it forward? No drawback! You possibly can put together your complete dish, however don’t bake it. Let every part cool to room temperature, switch to a baking dish, cowl with foil, and refrigerate till able to bake.
- Take it out of the fridge 20 minutes earlier than you wish to bake it.
My favourite a part of making stuffing and turkey is the
bottle wine glass that sits subsequent to me your complete time. And the truth that my husband is true there to refill it. Good occasions!
Wish to know learn how to make this stuffing even higher? Add LOTS of chunky crumbled feta cheese and you’ll overlook in regards to the gravy! Or not… preserve the gravy. It’s too good. And symbolic.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Candy Potato and Cranberry Stuffing
Festive and scrumptious stuffing ready with candy potatoes, recent cranberries, and bread cubes.
Course: Facet Dish
Delicacies: American, American/Southern
Key phrase: cranberries, simple thanksgiving recipe, facet dish for thanksgiving, stuffing recipe, candy potatoes, turkey stuffing recipe, vegetarian dish
Servings: 6 serves
Energy: 202 kcal
- butter for dish
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 massive yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 massive candy potato, reduce into 1-inch cubes
- salt and recent floor pepper, to style
- 1 teaspoon chopped recent sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup recent cranberries
- 6 cups dry bread cubes (unseasoned)
- 1 half of cups vegetable broth or rooster broth
Butter a 13×9 baking dish; put aside.Advertisements
Soften Four tablespoons butter in a big skillet. I take advantage of a skillet that is oven-proof in order that I could make your complete dish in only one pan.
Add onions, celery, and candy potatoes; prepare dinner for Four minutes, stirring continuously.
Season with salt and pepper, sage, thyme, and rosemary.
Add cranberries and bread cubes.
Stir in vegetable broth; proceed to stir till all items are moist. If it appears to be like dry, add slightly extra broth.
Switch combination to ready baking dish.
Minimize the remaining tablespoon of butter into Four pats; scatter pats of butter over the bread cubes.
Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, or till barely browned on prime.
Take away from oven and serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 14
Candy Potato and Cranberry Stuffing
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 202 Energy from Fats 99
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 6g30%
Ldl cholesterol 25mg8%
Vitamin A 3590IU72%
Vitamin C 5mg6%
* % Each day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
Need To Save This Recipe?
*Initially posted on November 25th, 2013 and up to date on October seventh, 2019.
SUBSCRIBE TO GET FREE UPDATES & A FREE ECOOKBOOK!
GET AN EMAIL WHEN THERE’S A NEW RECIPE