Zucchini Tomato Casserole – Layers of baked Zucchini and Tomatoes coated with a creamy, tacky mix and loaded with taste! Serve it as a tasty appetizer, facet dish, or a scrumptious vegetarian dinner.
ZUCCHINI TOMATO CASSEROLE
This creamy and savory Zucchini Tomato Casserole is so extremely easy to make and it’s the proper method to get pleasure from your backyard’s summer time veggies. Throw this within the oven, and 30 minutes later you’ll have a DELICIOUS facet, or meal, to get pleasure from with your loved ones. Or alone! My husband did… ?
Do you will have a backyard? I’ve been gardening along with my mother and father for the previous 7 years – my dad prepares the soil, my mother and I plant – and I can’t describe the quantity of pleasure and delight that I really feel once I see outcomes.
Take as an example this Zucchini Tomato Bake – the zucchinis and tomatoes on this dish all got here from our vegetable backyard. However, the tomatoes…ohhhh the tomatoes…wow!
To say that they’re scrumptious could be an understatement. Juicy, but agency, candy, but tangy. The right steadiness.
If you happen to don’t like tomatoes, please hop on over to our recipe for Tacky Zucchini Casserole – it’s actually good!
So as to add, you recognize you’ve bought one thing good while you all run to the backyard, choose a vegetable and eat it proper there after which. No washing, chopping, plating.
What’s higher is while you put together one thing with these greens and there aren’t any leftovers. This zucchini casserole was polished off in a single sitting.
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI TOMATO CASSEROLE
I’ve come to understand that if I need this household to get pleasure from veggies extra usually, I need to pair these veggies with cheese. No matter works, eh?
- We begin with slicing up round 2 average-sized zucchinis and two massive heirloom tomatoes. Slices of each veggies ought to be round 1/4-inch thick.
- In a 9-inch baking dish layer the zucchini slices after which the tomato slices. In between every layer, sprinkle the tomatoes with recent basil and garlic. Sprinkle the zucchini with salt and recent floor pepper.
- Mix cream cheese and milk in a bowl and whisk in a pinch of nutmeg, and Italian Seasoning. Add a layer of the cream cheese combination over the tomatoes and sprinkle with shredded Italian mix cheese or mozzarella cheese. You should use no matter kind of shredded cheese you will have readily available.
- Proceed with yet another layer of zucchini and lastly a layer of tomatoes. Unfold the remaining layer of cream cheese combination and add extra cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or till bubbly, browned, and veggies are tender.
- Let stand 10 minutes in room temperature.
- Lower and serve.
This low carb and Keto-friendly Zucchini Tomato Casserole is a simple manner to make use of up and luxuriate in summer time greens. Contemporary and stuffed with taste – that is one very scrumptious and light-weight summer time dish.
- Zucchini and tomatoes will launch water throughout baking and that’s fully regular.
- If you happen to don’t need to trouble with including salt, pepper, garlic, and basil in between layers, you’ll be able to simply combine them in with the cream cheese mix.
- For those who like a softer veggie, maintain the dish within the oven for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. If you happen to see that it’s browning an excessive amount of on the highest whereas baking, please loosely cowl with foil whereas persevering with to bake.
- Serve this casserole with grilled meat or hen for a whole meal, or get pleasure from as a vegetarian dinner.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
- Retailer in hermetic containers and maintain within the fridge for as much as Three days. Makes for a scrumptious and fast work lunch!
CAN I FREEZE A ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO CASSEROLE?
- I don’t advocate it as a result of zucchini and tomatoes each launch a whole lot of water and that can have an effect on the style and texture of the general dish.
MORE ZUCCHINI RECIPES
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Zucchini Tomato Casserole
Layers of baked Zucchini and Tomatoes coated with a creamy, tacky mix and loaded with taste!
Course: Dinner, Facet Dish
Delicacies: American, American/Southern, Italian
Key phrase: baked zucchini, casserole, keto dinner concept, low carb recipe, tomato recipes, zucchini casserole
Servings: 8 servings
Energy: 180 kcal
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 2 average-size zucchinis, sliced (you may want about 6 to 7 cups of sliced zucchini)
- salt and recent floor pepper
- 2 massive heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, divided (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped recent basil, divided
- 1 cup Italian Mix Shredded Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, minimize up into 1/4-inch slices
- chopped recent basil, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Grease a 9-inch baking dish with a little bit butter. Put aside.
Put together the cream cheese combination by combining cream cheese, milk, basil, and floor nutmeg in a bowl. Put aside.
Layer half of the zucchini slices on the underside of the baking dish.
Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Add a layer of sliced tomatoes over the zucchini slices.
Sprinkle with half of the garlic and half of the recent basil.
Add a layer of HALF of the cream cheese mix over the tomatoes; sprinkle with half of the shredded Italian cheese.
Repeat yet another layer of zucchini slices; add a little bit of salt and pepper.
Repeat yet another layer of tomato slices; add the remainder of the garlic and recent basil.
Unfold a layer of the remaining cream cheese combination and sprinkle the remainder of the shredded Italian cheese.
Dot with slices of butter.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or till combination is bubbly, browned, and veggies are tender.
Take away from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
Garnish with recent basil; minimize and serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 8
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
- Retailer in hermetic containers and maintain within the fridge for as much as Three days.
Zucchini Tomato Casserole
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 180 Energy from Fats 144
% Day by day Worth*
Whole Fats 16g 25%
Saturated Fats 9g 45%
Ldl cholesterol 48mg 16%
Sodium 232mg 10%
Potassium 264mg 8%
Whole Carbohydrates 5g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 6g 12%
Vitamin A 18.4%
Vitamin C 16.3%
* % Day by day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food regimen.